- Run the .HTA once.. it will create 2 files for you
- “Computers.ini” which you will will need to edit to contain 1 slave computer per line in it (either IP address or computer Name work, use 127.0.0.1 for your local system)
- “SlaveutilsOptions.ini” which will have slots for various paths and options. read the file and edit the lines accordingly.
- (Path to your VNC client,
- whether to use alternate credentials or not,
- and what the login/password would be if you did use them.
Note: Its been brought to my attention that some virus scanners will flag this download (Understandably in my opinion) as ‘Greyware’ because it contains VBScript that uses the WMI (Windows Management Interface) to affect changes to remote computers, enclosed in an HTA (Read: Executable Webpage). the full code is in there and easily readable.
I’ve been experimenting with a few other ways to package it, either via Maxscript, or Python, but they tend to get constrained to ‘free’ time as this functions perfectly 🙂